We gratefully accept donations!

Cruelty & Neglect

If you encounter a pet left in the cold, document what you see: the date, time, exact location and type of animal, plus as many details as possible about the situation. Video and photographic documentation (even a cell phone photo) will help bolster your case. Then contact your local animal control agency or county sheriff’s office and present your evidence. Take detailed notes regarding whom you speak with and when. Respectfully follow up in a few days if the situation has not been remedied.

Report cruelty and neglect to the Animal Control Officer. The Fayette County Animal Control officer is employed through the Fayette County Sheriff’s Dept. 304-574-3590.